Brandeis University National Women's Committee created (summer 1948)
First library opens in a former stable (autumn 1948)
Goldfarb Library opens (1959)
Rapaporte Treasure Hall opens (1962)
Gerstenzang Science Library opens (1966)
Brandeis helps to create the Boston Library Consortium (1970)
Libraries receive the Vito Volterra collection in the History of Science (1981)
Farber Library opens (1983)
First automated library system implemented (1984)
Baldwin Shakespeare Collection added (1984)
Libraries become a founding member of the Judaica and Middle Eastern Studies program of the Research Libraries Group (1986)
Libraries receive major grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the U.S. Department of Education (1988)
The Intercultural Library opens (1989)
Spanish Civil War posters preserved (1990)
"Brandeis Model" of reference services implemented (1991)
Weizmann Archives Indexing Project started (1991)
Second generation of automated library system implemented (1993)
Sakharov Archives established (1994)
Libraries acquire one millionth volume (1996)
The Center for Information and Multimedia Technologies (CIMTECH) established (1996)
Robert D. Farber University Archive established (1997)
Funds raised by the National Women’s Committee passes $60 million (1997)