LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
(replacing LouFind in fall 2013)
LouFind Library Catalog
(will be replaced by Library OneSearch in fall 2013)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Instruction, Training, & Workshops
Calendar of Workshops & Training Events
LTS offers hands-on workshops and sessions on LATTE, Google Apps, EndNote, discipline/subject-specific resources, quantitative and qualitative software and visualization packages for research.
Class sizes are limited, and registrants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. LTS reserves the right to cancel a class with less than five participants. In some cases, we have wait lists for workshops, so please register only if you are committed to attending.
PROGRAMS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS, FALL 2013
We recommend bringing a laptop.
Getting Started with Atlas.ti
Instructor: Chris Gillespie
- Wednesday November 20, 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm, Farber 101 Classroom, First Floor, Farber Library
If you have suggestions for additional workshop offerings or questions about our scheduled sessions, please email us.
LTS offers individual and group instructional services that address a range of practices for supporting student success in research, scholarly practice, and future professional work. We offer workshops, learning labs, online tutorials, and other activities for skills such as:
- Understanding knowledge creation and dissemination in a discipline
- Evaluating and managing information of all types
- Using communication and collaboration tools and new media effectively
- Presenting ideas or numeric information graphically
- Using technology to enhance presentations
- Using project management practices to strengthen group collaborations
For those interested in additional training, Brandeis has partnerships with some local organizations that give discounts to members of the Brandeis community. Contact these groups directly to enroll, and be sure to identify yourself as being from Brandeis.
- PollEverywhere - create online polls to use with your students. Students can respond via text message, twitter, or online.
- Qualtrics@Brandeis - a robust online survey tool, is now available at Brandeis for your research or information-gathering needs
- Digital Literacies - a matrix describing the information abilities in “learning goals” language, with examples of learning outcomes suitable for courses or assignments
- Academic Integrity - resources for faculty and students