LATTE (course materials)
Library Catalog (books & more)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Hardware Repair ShopLoading
The Repair Shop is located in the Goldfarb Library near the Help Desk. Hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (may vary during summers and breaks).
Staff and contact
Alasdair Post-Quinn, Hardware Repair Shop Manager
- Warranty repair service for eligible Dell and Apple computers.
- Fee-based repair service for Dells, Apples and standard parts for most other computer models not covered by warranty.
- Software-based data backup and recovery services for a fee.
- The Repair Shop does NOT repair printers, scanners, televisions, game systems, or mobile devices.
- For repairs beyond the scope of the repair shop, we may ask for your approval to send your machine to CTS Services for off-site repair.
What to expect from a visit to the Repair Shop
Dropping off your computer:
- Please come to the Help Desk to check in your computer to the Repair Shop.
- You will be asked to fill out an online form at the kiosk with a description of the problem and your contact information.
- You will be asked to approve a $40 bench fee (waived if you elect to go forward with repair).
While your computer is being repaired:
- If repairing your computer will cost you money beyond the bench fee, the Repair Shop will get in touch with you via email with a quote. If you approve the quote, repair will proceed. If you do not approve, the bench fee will be charged instead. (You can also elect to pre-approve charges at the kiosk.)
- If your computer is not a Dell or Apple, or is more than 5 years old, we may ask for your approval to send your machine to CTS Services for repair.
- Please respond promptly to our emails for fastest service!
Picking up your computer:
- If payment is not needed or if you have pre-paid, you can pick up your computer at the Help Desk during Help Desk hours.
- If payment is needed, you can pick up your computer at the Repair shop during Repair Shop hours. Please reply to your ticket via email or call ahead at 781-736-4801 to make sure the Repair Shop will be open.
- The Repair Shop accepts departmental chargelines, cash (exact change only), personal check, or WhoCash. (WhoCash can be charged via credit card, but the Repair Shop does not directly accept credit card payments.) Charges must be paid in full to pick up your computer.
- Computers abandoned at the Repair Shop for 6 months after last communication will be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.