LATTE (course materials)
Library Catalog (books & more)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Brandeis is using Gmail, Google's hosted email service, as its email platform for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Quick overview
- Interactive tutorial
- Video tutorials
- Sending messages
- Adding a signature
- Setting up a vacation message
- Using labels (instead of folders)
- Viewing conversations (threading)
- Forwarding to another email account
If you wish to use a mail client, you must first enable IMAP support on Gmail. To do so:
- Sign in to your Brandeis Gmail account at go.brandeis.edu/gmail.
- Click Settings in the top right.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Under IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
After IMAP is enabled, change the following settings in your mail client (note that the username must be your full email address and that your incoming and outgoing mail servers need to change):
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
- Use SSL: Yes
- Port: 993
- Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
- Use authentication: Yes (password)
- Use STARTTLS / SSL: Yes
- Port: 465 or 587
Finally, follow these additional steps to set up your local email program.
Remember to use your full email address for your username. You may need to reenter your password when you first try to send an email. If you have verified your settings, but are still experiencing difficulty connecting your account may be locked. Please complete this form to unlock your account
If you are having trouble with Google's spam filters, please see Google's support documentation.