LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
(replacing LouFind in fall 2013)
LouFind Library Catalog
(will be replaced by Library OneSearch in fall 2013)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Getting connected to eduroam
Choose your operating system below for instructions on how to set up a connection to the eduroam wireless network.
If you need more help getting connected to eduroam, contact the LTS Help Desk.
1. Select "eduroam" from the list of available wireless networks.
2. When prompted for credentials enter your full @brandeis.edu email address and password.
3. If prompted, accept the security certificate.
4. Thats it!
1. Click on the WiFi icon in your system tray.
2. Select "Eduroam" from the list of available wireless networks.
3. Windows will ask for a username and password. Enter your full @brandeis.edu email address and password, the press ok. Once your wireless card has finished authenticating you should be connected! If you get a windows security alert please see the following step.
4. If windows pops up a security alert warning that the "Connection attempt could not be completed". Please click "Connect". You should now be connected to the eduroam network. If you experience any problems beyond this point please contact the LTS Help Desk.
1. Click on the WiFI icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Select "eduroam" from the list of available wireless networks.
3. Mac OS will ask for your credentials. Please enter your full @brandeis.edu email address and password. Once your wireless card authenticates, you should be connected!
1. Open Settings-> WiFi->
2. Select "eduroam" from the list of available wireless networks
3. Enter your full @brandeis.edu username and password, then select join.
4. iOS will prompt you to accept a certificate. Accept it and continue. You should now be connected to eduroam!
- Right click on the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and select "View wireless networks". The Wireless Network Connection window will show which wireless networks are available.
- Click "Change the order of preferred networks" to display the Wireless Network Connection Properties window.
- If the wireless network "eduroam" already exists in the "Preferred Networks" box, select it and click "Properties." If it does not appear click "Add."
- Set Network name (SSID) to "eduroam".
- Set Network Authentication to "WPA2". If WPA2 is not available on your device you may use WPA.
- Set Data encryption to "AES". If AES is not available on your device you may use TKIP.
- DO NOT click OK, but now select the "Authentication" tab.
- The option to "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication" will be ticked but greyed out.
- Select "ProtectedEAP (PEAP)" from the list of EAP types.
- Deselect BOTH "Authenticate as computer" and "Authenticate as guest".
- Click "Properties".
- Ensure "Validate server certificate" is selected.
- Scroll down the list of Trusted Root Certificate Authorities and select "Thawte Premium Server CA" and "thawte Primary Root CA".
- Select "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)" from the list of Authentication methods.
- Ensure that "Enable Fast Reconnect" is NOT selected.
- Click "Configure".
- Ensure "Automatically use my Windows logon name" is NOT selected.
- Click "OK" to close the "EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties" window.
- Click "OK" to close the "Protected EAP Properties" window.
- Click "OK" to close the "Wireless Network Connection Properties" window.
- User name: Enter your username as your unet ID plus "@brandeis.edu", e.g. "email@example.com".
- Password: Enter the password which you specified when you registered for your Brandeis username.
- Logon domain: Leave the "Logon domain" field blank.
- Click "OK".
Your device should now authenticate and, if successful, connect to the eduroam secure wireless network.
If you see the following box, click "ok" to continue and you should be able to continue to the eduroam network:
The first time you attempt to connect to the eduroam secure wireless network, a balloon-tip will appear in the Windows system tray prompting you to "Select a certificate or other credentials".
Click in this balloon to display the "Enter Credentials" login window.