LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
(replacing LouFind in fall 2013)
LouFind Library Catalog
(will be replaced by Library OneSearch in fall 2013)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Graham Wright, coordinator
Description of the Software
SPSS, (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences), is a data management and analysis product produced by SPSS, Inc., featuring modules for statistical data analysis, including descriptive statistics such as plots, frequencies, charts, and lists, as well as sophisticated inferential and multivariate statistical procedures like analysis of variance (ANOVA), factor analysis, cluster analysis, and categorical data analysis.
Brandeis students, faculty, and staff can download SPSS 21 from LTS' online software portal. Note that a limited number of licences are available for students, and that these are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Join the Local User Group and Mailing List
Questions about the use of SPSS should be directed to the Brandeis SPSS User Group. If you would like to join the local Brandeis SPSS User Group, email user group coordinator Graham Wright at email@example.com.
Ask to join the Brandeis-Boston SPSS User Group mailing list:
- Click on the following link: https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws/subrequest/spss-users
- Brandeis community members: enter your UNet ID in the email address field, hit submit, and enter your UNet password in the subsequent password field.
- Off campus users: enter your email address in the email address field and hit submit.
- Your request to join will be forwarded to the SPSS User Group coordinator and an email will be sent to you when you are added to the list.
- Visit LTS' online software store at brandeis.onthehub.com
- Click "Start Shopping" and select "IMB SPSS" on the next screen.
- Add SPSS to your cart and check out.
- Once you've checked out of the online store, you should be able to download and install SPSS by following on-screen prompts.
- If you are installing SPSS in Windows and are unsure whether to get the 32-bit or 64-bit version, you can check by opening the Start Menu, right-clicking on "Computer" or "My Computer," and selecting "Properties" from the drop-down list that appears. You should now see a window containing details about your computer, including whether it is running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- After installation has completed, you will be asked to enter a license code. This code can be found by going into the online store, clicking "Your Account/Orders," and selecting your download of SPSS from your Order History. The activation code should appear in red on the Order Summary page; it can simply be copied and pasted into the SPSS licensing window.
- If you need assistance, please contact the LTS Technology Help Desk.
SPSS Base, Advanced Models, Regression Models, Tables, Trends,
SPSS Base, Advanced Models, Regression Models, Tables, Trends, Categories
Links to online information:
- SPSS software and solutions: http://www.spss.com/downloads/papers.cfm?ProductID=00035
- SPSS support: http://www.spss.com/TechSupport
Find Technology eBooks
- ITPro - Provides full-text access to over 4,000 ebooks on over 100 different technology topics
- Safari Tech Books Online - Provides full-text access to hundreds of ebooks on information technology and software programming published by O'Reilly, Sams, Que, and others
- Search LOUIS using the subject word "spss".
Other Questions about SPSS
Please direct other questions about SPSS at Brandeis University, including comments about the information on this page, to user group coordinator Graham Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.