LATTE (course materials)
Library Catalog (books & more)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Ravi Lakshmikanthan, coordinator
Description of the Software
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology allows you to capture, store, analyze, and display geographically referenced information.
Join the Local User Group and Mailing List
Questions about the use of GIS should be directed to the Brandeis GIS User Group. If you would like to join this group, email user group coordinator Ravi Lakshmikanthan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask to join the Brandeis GIS User Group mailing list:
- Click on the following link: https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws/subrequest/gis-users
- Brandeis community members: enter your UNet ID in the email address field, hit submit, and enter your UNet password in the subsequent password field.
- Off campus users: enter your email address in the email address field and hit submit.
- Your request to join will be forwarded to the GIS User Group coordinator and an email will be sent to you when you are added to the list.
How to Acquire GIS software
For information about installations of ArcView, and other GIS software, in computer labs and clusters on the Brandeis campus, email email@example.com
Links to tools and training, data sets, articles and books:
Find Technology eBooks
- ITPro - Provides full-text access to over 4,000 ebooks on over 100 different technology topics
- Safari Tech Books Online - Provides full-text access to hundreds of ebooks on information technology and software programming published by O'Reilly, Sams, Que, and others
- Search LOUIS using the subject words "geographic information systems".
Other Questions about GIS
Please direct other questions about GIS at Brandeis University, including comments about the information on this page, to user group coordinator Ravi Lakshmikanthan at firstname.lastname@example.org.