LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
(replacing LouFind in fall 2013)
LouFind Library Catalog
(will be replaced by Library OneSearch in fall 2013)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Stephen A. van Ness, coordinator
Description of the Software
FileMaker, produced by FileMaker Inc., is a database software that helps with the management of people, products and assets.
Join the Local User Group and Mailing List
Questions about the use of FileMaker should be directed to the Brandeis FileMaker User Group. If you would like to join this group, email user group coordinator Stephen A. van Ness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask to join the Brandeis FileMaker User Group mailing list:
- Click on the following link: https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws/subrequest/filemaker-users
- Brandeis community members: enter your UNet ID in the email address field, hit submit, and enter your UNet password in the subsequent password field.
- Off campus users: enter your email address in the email address field and hit submit.
- Your request to join will be forwarded to the FileMaker User Group coordinator and an email will be sent to you when you are added to the list.
Join the Local Forum
To join the Brandeis FileMaker Forum, click on the following link: http://my.brandeis.edu/bboard
How to Purchase FileMaker
Links to user groups, user guides, FAQ's and online information:
- FileMaker tutorials and database guides: http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/documentation.html
- Filemaker Cafe: http://filemakertoday.com/com/index.php
- FM Forums: http://www.fmforums.com
- FileMaker Pro User Groups: http://www.fmpug.com
- New York FileMaker Developers Wiki: http://www.nyfmp.org/
- fmPro: http://www.fmpro.org
Find Technology eBooks
- ITPro - Provides full-text access to over 4,000 ebooks on over 100 different technology topics
- Safari Tech Books Online - Provides full-text access to hundreds of ebooks on information technology and software programming published by O'Reilly, Sams, Que, and others
- Search LOUIS using the subject word "filemaker".
Other Questions about FileMaker
Please direct other questions about FileMaker at Brandeis University, including comments about the information on this page, to user group coordinator Stephen A. van Ness at email@example.com.