Remembering Ford & Sydeman Halls
Exhibit Home: Image Gallery: General Exterior
General Exterior
Aerial Photograph of Brandeis Campus
Ford Hall is on the left half of the photo. One can notice that the building does not have the Sydeman addition and it has an open courtyard, the space that would become Nathan Seifer Auditorium.
ca. 1948
Fairchild Aerial Surveys, Inc.
Aerial Photograph of Brandeis Campus
Ford Hall is on the left half of the photo. Ford Hall's open courtyard has been filled in by Nathan Seifer Auditorium.
ca. 1963
Photographer unknown
Science Hall
When Brandeis opened in 1948 Ford Hall was known as Science Hall. Without the Sydeman Hall addition, this is how it appeared as the Middlesex University Veterinary School building.
ca. 1949
Photographer unknown
Sydeman Hall
Brandeis added a two-story Sydeman Hall in 1951. The University added a third floor in 1952. The addition was still under construction when this photo was taken.
January 1951
Ralph Norman
Front of Ford Hall
Ford Hall with the completed Sydeman Hall addition.
October 9, 1953
Ralph Norman
Front of Ford Hall
Ford Hall with the completed Sydeman Hall addition.
October 9, 1953
Ralph Norman
Back of Ford Hall
October 9, 1953
Ralph Norman
Ford Hall in the Snow
December 18, 1956
Ralph Norman
Ford Hall in the Snow
These photos were taken a few weeks after the Ford Hall student occupation ended.
February 9-10, 1969
Ralph Norman
Ford Hall in the Snow
These photos were taken a few weeks after the Ford Hall student occupation ended.
February 9-10, 1969
Ralph Norman
Front of Ford Hall
This photo was taken from the Gryzmish Administration Building.
Spring 1999
Elana Memberg
Front of Ford Hall
This photo was taken from the Gryzmish Administration Building.
Summer 1999
Elana Memberg
Front of Ford Hall
This photo was taken from the Gryzmish Administration Building.
Fall 1999
Elana Memberg
University Archives & Special Collections Home