LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
(replacing LouFind in fall 2013)
LouFind Library Catalog
(will be replaced by Library OneSearch in fall 2013)
(databases and articles)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Main Library Hours
Printers are available in the following locations:
- Goldfarb Classroom - PC
- Farber Classroom - Mac
- Goldfarb InfoCommons - PC & Mac
- Shapiro Campus Center Library - Mac
- Farber Cluster - PC
- Black and white laser printing costs 10 cents per page.
- Color laser printing costs 50 cents per page.
Brandeis WhoCash is the preferred method of payment and can be purchased online or in the Campus Card office in Kutz. WhoCash can be used for printing and photocopying in the Goldfarb Main and Gerstenzang Science Libraries, the Shapiro Campus Center, Heller, and IBS.
For guest printing and copying using a Conway copy/print card, one Copy/Print Card Vending Machine is available in the Green Room, Farber Library, Level 1. Copiers that accept both coins and guest cards are also available in the Green Room. Printing with a guest card is only available on the Mezzanine Level of Farber Library.
- When you are ready to print, choose File/Print or press Ctrl + P or click on the Print button of your application.
- Choose the print options according to your need: number of copies, pages, pages per sheet, etc. and click OK when you are done. In the InfoCommons, make sure to choose the correct printer: "InfoCommons BW" for black & white or "InfoCommons Color" for color.
- When the popup appears, enter a username and job name. The username can be any name you choose (not necessarily your UNet ID) to identify yourself. Please remember this name. The job name is optional and can be any name you choose to distinguish between jobs.
- Go to the Print station computer. When prompted, swipe your Brandeis ID in the device marked "Swipe card here." (If you are on the Conway station, insert your Conway print card into the reader.)
- You will be asked to enter the username which you entered earlier to Logon.
- A list of printing jobs under your Username will appear. Choose all the printing jobs you want to print, click Print.
- Click logoff, collect your documents from the printer, and you are done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is WhoCash?
A: WhoCash is the campus debit plan that can be used for purchases in all Dining Services locations, the University Bookstore, the University Copy Center, Cholmondley's, Domenic's (IBS Bldg), and various laundry rooms in the residence halls. WhoCash is put onto your Brandeis ID card, also known as your WhoCard.
Q: What are the benefits of using WhoCash to pay for printing and photocopying?
A: The advantages of WhoCash are that you can dine, shop, print, photocopy, and do your laundry around campus without carrying cash or an extra card to print and photocopy! The WhoCard is also more durable and less prone to error than the print/photocopy cards offered previously at the library.
Q: Where and how can I refill my WhoCash?
A: Undergraduates, Graduates, Faculty, and Staff can purchase WhoCash by visiting the Campus Card Office. Card Office staff require your ID number, and your debit plan will be made available to you immediately. You can also add money online with a credit card.
Q: Which machines will use WhoCash?
A: Printers and photocopiers in the Goldfarb Main and Gerstenzang Science Libraries, the Shapiro Campus Center, Heller, and IBS will accept WhoCash.
Q: Can I still use my Conway guest print/copy card?
A: One printer and one photocopier in the Farber section of the Main Library will accept your guest print/copy card. If you have a Brandeis ID, we recommend you spend down your balance at these stations and then make the switch to WhoCash!
Q: I used to have, or still have, a departmentally sponsored OLD Conway copy card. Can I print or make copies for this department using WhoCash?
A: The department or office you work for can add value to your WhoCard by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They will need to provide a chargeline in the email. You will then receive a response once the WhoCash has been added to your WhoCard. In the meantime, there are still machines in the Farber section of the Main Library that will accept the OLD Conway print/copy card.
Q: Are there alternatives to photocopying and printing?
A: More and more people are starting to scan materials and read onscreen in lieu of printing or photocopying. This saves money and resources. In the Goldfarb InfoCommons, there are three digital senders that scan directly to email and two 11x17 flatbed scanners. The Science Library offers a scanner in the circulation area.