LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
Brandeis Scholar (research databases)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
Library & Technology Services offers an easy-to-use, versatile solution called Blue Jeans to help you communicate and collaborate with colleagues and peers across campus or across the world. Web conferencing allows people to meet in virtual meeting rooms, while reducing the cost and hassle of travel.
What are Blue Jeans' key features?
- Up to 100 participants per meeting room
- Record your meetings
- Join meetings via web browser, mobile app (iOS and Android), telephone, in-room video conference system (h.323), and many more methods
- Participants do not need accounts to join a meeting (only hosts/moderators need accounts)
- Screen sharing for presentations and collaboration
- HD video (up to 720p, depending on camera/computer equipment)
- Browser plug-in for Firefox and Safari for easy Google calendar scheduling
What might I use this service for?
- Faculty office hours
- Interdepartmental meetings
- Guest speakers/lectures
- Job interviews
- Student project collaboration
- Conference calling
How do I get an account?
This service is open to the entire Brandeis community. To obtain a personal meeting room, visit brandeis.bluejeans.com. Log in with your Unet credentials and you will automatically be assigned a personal meeting room. For help getting started, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I schedule a Blue Jeans meeting from my Google Calendar?
Definitely! BlueJeans offers very useful plug-ins for the Safari and Google Chrome web browsers. The plug-ins allow you to start instant meetings, as well as schedule future meetings that will go straight into your google calendar, right from a little button on the toolbar of your web browser. To download the plug-ins and learn more, visit bluejeans.com/downloads.
How can I learn more?
Additional information and video tutorials can be found at bluejeans.com/for/brandeis-and-bluejeans.
Genesys Teleconferencing Update: Brandeis will phase out support of the Genesys telephone-based conference calling service in Fall, 2014. Genesys users are invited to use BlueJeans for their conferencing needs. Instructions on using BlueJeans for teleconferencing are located here.