Library & Technology Services offers an easy-to-use, versatile solution called ZOOM to help you communicate and collaborate with colleagues and peers across campus or across the world. Web conferencing allows people to meet in virtual meeting rooms, while reducing the cost and hassle of travel.
What are ZOOM's key features?
- Up to 50 participants per meeting room
- Record your meetings
- Join meetings via your computer, mobile app (iOS and Android), telephone, or in-room video conference system (h.323).
- Participants do not need accounts to join a meeting (only hosts/moderators need accounts)
- Screen sharing for presentations and collaboration (with audio)
- Advanced features for online learning including breakout rooms, polling and whiteboarding.
- HD video (up to 720p, depending on camera/computer equipment)
- Browser plug-in for Google Chrome and Firefox for easy Google calendar scheduling
What might I use this service for?
- Teaching classes remotely
- Faculty office hours
- Interdepartmental meetings
- Guest speakers/lectures
- Job interviews
- Student project collaboration
- Conference calling
How do I get an account?
This service is open to the entire Brandeis community. To obtain a personal meeting room, visit brandeis.zoom.us. Log in with your Unet credentials and you will automatically be assigned a personal meeting room. For help getting started, please email email@example.com.
A training video with step-by-step instructions for setting up your account can be viewed here.
How can I learn more?
Documentation can be found on the Brandeis Knowledge Base here.
Additional information and video tutorials can be found at support.zoom.us.
Weekly training workshops are being offered at the Brandeis Center for Teaching and Learnig through February and March. Sign up for a training session here.