LATTE (course materials)
Library OneSearch (library collections)
Brandeis Scholar (research databases)
eJournals A-Z (online journals)
Research Guides (subject guides)
Account Tools (passwords & more)
Get Help! (technology and library)
MTS Service Level Agreement
Media Technology Services (MTS) manages and maintains all classroom and conference room technology (TEC rooms) for teaching, learning and scholarship. This includes responsibility for the ongoing improvements, upgrades, documentation, training and support of these technical facilities. Upon request, and at the discretion of the MTS director, manager or administrator, MTS will also provide technical assistance towards the management and maintenance of administrative, student and public conference/meeting rooms, a decision that will be based on staff and resource availability.
Classroom technology support is provided between 7:30am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri.
***Support does not include individual computer stations located in "Computer Labs" or "Clusters".
MTS manages a Classroom Technology Emergency Line (CTEL) at 781-736-4632, providing live tech support during the following times:
In semester: Mon-Thurs 9am-11pm, Fri 9am-4pm
Out of semester: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
MTS maintains and provides an inventory of audio-visual, sound, video and traditional a/v equipment, along with laptops and computer peripherals, intended for academic use and/or use in classrooms that are not equipped with technology.
This support is provided at no charge for academic use, within the parameters of normal operations (7:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday, in semester), and in registrar-controlled classrooms only. Requests should be made ten business days in advance to insure MTS staff and resource availability.
Media Technology Planning on Campus:
MTS provides, at the request of Capital Projects, Facility Services, or other academic and administrative community members: consulting, design, magnitude of cost, and future impact forecasting for campus-wide initiatives involving integrated technology, including data and video display, sound reinforcement, audio and videoconferencing/streaming, classroom capture, related gear and technology. Whenever possible, and at the discretion of the MTS director, manager or administrator,installation and vendor management is offered within these service provisions, a decision that will be based on staff and resource availability.
Consultations are offered between 7:30am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri. Meeting or consultation requests should be made ten business days in advance to insure MTS staff participation.
Video/Audio Recording, Lecture capture:
These support services are offered between 7:30am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri. Requests should be made ten business days in advance to insure MTS staff availability. Community members can participate in the process by providing clear and concise expectations related to their projects. Post-production and on-demand processing may incur tech support fees payable by the requesting department. Additionally, event-based recording does incur service fees. View current MTS rates. Community members can participate in the process by providing clear and concise expectations related to their projects, short term, recurring or one time production requests.
Conferencing, Streaming, Broadcasting and IPTV Services:
MTS serves as project lead, project management and or technical support for video and audio conferencing, streaming or related production efforts on campus. This includes: IP, ISDN or SIP based videoconferencing, live and on-demand streaming, IPTV services, and live video recording or production.
Live call, stream or broadcast support services are offered between 7:30am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri. Requests should be made ten business days in advance to insure MTS staff availability. Community members participate in the process by providing clear and concise expectations related to their projects.
MTS supports event-related staging, rentals and loans on campus, including the use of installed display and sound systems for a variety of academic, administrative, student and public events that occur during normal support hours (7:30am-5pm*, Monday-Friday, in semester; *events beginning later than 4:00pm fall outside the MTS Service Level Agreement).
- All support is based on staff and resource availability.
- Additional support will be provided, if possible, at the discretion of the MTS director, manager or administrator, a decision that will be based on staff and resource availability.
- Applies to events taking place in the Conference Center, as well as other publicly accessible locations.
- For pricing levels, see the list of MTS Equipment Rentals & Service Fees.
- Includes rentals and loans through Brandeis Conference and Events Services, available at 781-736-4300.
- Sound Vision AV Services, Greater Boston Region, 800-547-4343
- Immediate Connections (labor only), Northeast Region 888-783-1599
- MTS can only support Brandeis-owned technology.
- Due to the wide array of technology available, MTS can not guarantee the compatibility of Brandeis classroom and conference room technology with that from other sources. This includes personal laptop computers or Macbooks.
- While MTS makes every effort to assure the functionality of all classroom and conference room technology, it is not possible to guarantee 100% reliability. Equipment can fail, and users can accidentally impair it. There will be times when the removal and repair of equipment will be necessary. MTS recommends that users always plan classes and events with a back-up or alternate plan. MTS will be happy to assist you with planning.
Media duplication, digitization and transfer services are provided for in the Getz Media Lab and by special request through MTS. This includes recent material recorded within the "Video/Audio recording" parameters of this Service Level Agreement. Requests, regardless of length or format, require a minimum of ten (10) business days to complete the work. View current MTS rates.
All other requests in this area will be addressed with respect of copyright law, in the Getz Media Lab on a first come, first serve basis. If services cannot be sufficiently provided, requesters will be referred to at least two potential vendors to attain such services, e.g.
- Image Software Services: 978-772-7100
- Video Transfer, Inc: 617-247-0100