Main Library Hours
Boston Library Consortium
The Boston Library Consortium (BLC) is comprised of 17 academic and research institutions in the greater Boston and New England area.
As a member of the Boston Library Consortium, current Brandeis University students, faculty, and staff may visit and borrow books and other materials from other BLC institutions as long as they present an active BLC borrowing card and a Brandeis ID. You must obtain a BLC card before visiting another library.
Obtaining a BLC card
- Current Brandeis University students, faculty, and staff, in good standing (owing under $5.00 in fines) can apply for a BLC card in-person at the Information & Borrowing desk in the Goldfarb library or online.
- For online requests, please allow one business day for processing. Cards can be picked up or mailed to a provided address. Please allow 3-5 days for mail delivery.
- BLC cards are valid for one academic year (faculty and graduate students) or one semester (undergraduates and staff). BLC cards can be renewed in-person at the Information & Borrowing desk. All users must reapply for a new card at the start of each academic year.
Finding materials in BLC libraries
- WorldCat to find materials in member libraries.
BLC member institutions:
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Massachusetts (at Amherst, Dartmouth, Lowell, Boston, and Medical School)
- University of Connecticut
- University of New Hampshire
- Wellesley College
- Williams College