Main Library Hours
Boston Library Consortium
The Boston Library Consortium (BLC) is comprised of 17 academic and research institutions in the greater Boston and New England area.
As a member of the Boston Library Consortium, Brandeis University students, faculty, and staff may visit and borrow books and other materials from other BLC institutions as long as they present an active BLC borrowing card and a Brandeis ID. You must obtain a BLC card before visiting another library.
Obtaining a BLC card
- Students and faculty can apply for a BLC card at the InfoPoint desk in Goldfarb Main Library.
- BLC cards are valid for one academic year (faculty) or one semester (students & staff). All users must reapply for a new card at the start of each academic year.
Finding materials in BLC libraries
- Click here to access the online catalogs of the BLC member libraries.
- Check Brandeis WorldCat to see which libraries in Massachusetts and beyond own the item.
BLC institutions are:
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Massachusetts (at Amherst, Dartmouth, Lowell, Boston, and Medical School)
- University of Connecticut
- University of New Hampshire
- Wellesley College
- Williams College