Main Library Hours
About John Unsworth, CIO
and Chief Information Officer
- Vice Provost for Library & Technology Services and Chief Information Officer, Brandeis University, 2012-present
- Dean and Professor, Graduate School of Library and Information Science (also Professor, Department of English, and Professor, Library Faculty), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003-2012
- Director, Illinois Informatics Institute, 2008-2011
- Associate Professor, Dept. of English, University of Virginia, 1993-2003 (tenured 1996)
- Director, Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities, University of Virginia, 1993-2003
- University of Virginia: Ph.D. in English, 1988
- Boston University: M.A. in English, 1982
- Amherst College: B.A. Magna Cum Laude in English, 1981
- "The Crisis of Audience and the Open Access Solution" in Hacking the Academy, ed. Dan Cohen and Tom Scheinfeldt. Ann Arbor, MI: MPublishing (online, 2011) and the University of Michigan Press (in print, forthcoming).
- "Medievalists as Early Adopters of Information Technology." Introduction to "Selected Proceedings of the "Third International MARGOT Conference, The Digital Middle Ages: Teaching and Research." Digital Medievalist 2011 (forthcoming).
- "Collaborative Research: an interview." Collaborative Research in the Digital Humanities. Edited by Marilyn Deegan and Willard McCarty. Ashgate: London, forthcoming.
- "Computational work with very large text collections: Interoperability, Sustainability, and the TEI." Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, Issue 1, June 2011. Selected Papers from the 2008 and 2009 TEI Conferences.